Action Plan for IELTS is a short, intensive, low-level exam preparation guide, based around preparing for IELTS in the few weeks leading up to the test.
The book is organized in the same order as IELTS test (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking modules) and examines each question type in detail. It gives students a last-minute action plan, providing examples, mini practice tasks and strategies to maximize their band score in the test. Action Plan for IELTS is available for both the Academic and General Training module. The Academic module is suitable for students around Band 6+ and the General Training module for students around Band 5+.
Buy this book: Purchase Action Plan for IELTS on Amazon
Purpose: Preparation for General Training Module of IELTS exam
Tests included: 1 Full General Training test
Answer keys: Included.
Explanation for the Answer keys: Included.
Answer sheets: Not included.
Listening Transcripts: Included.
- The book is oriented towards people who have limited time to prepare for IELTS, it is short enough, well-explained and easy to digest.
- All the various question types are explained and a step-by-step strategy suggested for dealing with each type efficiently
- The book provides examples for each question type, sample practice tasks and tips how to maximize the score in exam
- The book explains how the writing tasks are graded and what issues students need to pay attention to in order to get higher band score and to avoid penalties.
- Answer key includes model answers for the Writing test that give a clear idea of a good answer.
People don’t like
- There is only one full practice test in the book, which means that to practice more students need to purchase additional test papers.
- There is no Answer sheets included in the book, which means that students can’t practice in copying answers from the book to the Answer Sheet as they are required in the real exam.
- The fact that the Audio CD for the Listening section is not included with the book makes all the listening exercises useless.
Conclusion: This is a good book, especially for self-study and for people with little time to prepare for IELTS. It is reasonably short, explains everything you need to know about the exam and provides examples for all the task types. The book suggests strategies for students to optimize their band score and tips how to handle the time pressure. However, to practice more you would have to purchase additional practice tests, as there is only one full test included in the book. Also keep in mind that the CD for the Listening tests is not included and must be purchased separately here.